Wednesday, September 21, 2016

List 30 Examples for Costume Program

I'm doing a costume program with the public library in a few weeks, and I'm in the planning stage. Part of the program will be about how to come up with costume ideas that work for last-minute or minimum-effort costumes. One of the techniques is finding characters who wear "normal" clothes but are still distinct enough to be recognizable. Bonus points for doing a specific episode or reference (like Homer Simpson as Mr. Plow instead of just Homer Simpson). Another method is to see what you have in your own wardrobe and see what they match up with. I want to have lots of visual examples so that I can reach a wider audience with my examples, so today I made sure I had at least 30 ideas, which I will put in a slideshow so we can click through them.

Characters from:
The Simpsons
Bob's Burgers
Futurama
Adventure Time (may call for body paint)
Nintendo (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Rosalina...)
Scooby-Doo (bonus points if you have a brown Great Dane with you)
Mad Max
Walking Dead
Pokemon (Ash, Misty, Brock, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny...)
Archer
Star Trek uniforms
Daria

Individuals:
Ramona Flowers
Rosie the Riveter
Napoleon Dynamite
Lara Croft
Han Solo
Leeloo

General:
Pirate
Zombie
Celebrities you kinda look like
Memes

Disneybound (Disney character closet cosplay)

Puns:
Life, handing out lemons
Alice in chains
Ceiling fan
Holy cow
Hawaiian punch

Mashups:
Dumbledora the explorer
Taco Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment